Monday, October 02, 2006

Ray Keene plagiarism index

"Ray Keene may or may not have purloined the odd bit of analysis of the Lisitsin Gambit."


Research has established that a large number of Ray Keene's Times and Spectator columns have been plagiarised from elsewhere. A precise total is difficult to give (not least because they are often duplicated) but so far it is more than one hundred and forty, with more than one hundred and thirty from the beginning of 2011 onwards. We expect there are more to be discovered.

We link below only to those of Ray's plagiarisms which have so far been documented online, which is presently just a small proportion of those so far identified. The list is added to regularly. If you're new to the subject, this post may be a good place to start.

Please also see the Plagiarised by Ray Keene index, which takes the information in the pieces linked to below and catalogues the persons and publications Ray has plagiarised.

Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Spectator, May 4 2013. (Also see.)
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Spectator, March 12 2011.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 5 June 2013 and 28 May 2010.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 15 April 2013 and the Spectator, 19 May 2012.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 22 February 2011 and 2 May 2011.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors (and Bobby Fischer) in the Times, 8 July 2011 and 4 April 2012.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's Revolution In The 70s in the Times, 19 April 2012.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 17 September 2011.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Spectator, 13 November 2010 and 17 March 2012.
Ray plagiarises Anand's My Best Games of Chess in the Times, 6 October 2011.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Spectator, 1 September 2012.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 13 August 2011 and 29 May 2013.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Spectator, 15/22 December 2012.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Spectator, 4 July 2009 and the Times, 25 February 2011.(Also see.)
Ray plagiarises Garry Kasparov On Modern Chess in the Spectator, 5 January 2013 and the Times, 8 December 2011.
Ray plagiarises Alexander Münninghoff's Max Euwe - The Biography in the Times, 7 March 2012.
Ray plagiarises Tony Miles in the Spectator, 21 June 2003 and 10 August 2013, in The Spectator Book Of Chess (Hardinge Simpole 2004), Tony Miles: England's Chess Gladiator (Hardinge Simpole 2006) and the Times 15 November 2011.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 10 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Garry Kasparov On Modern Chess in the Times, 11 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Paul Lamford's Spectator notes in his book The Moscow Challenge (Batsford, 1985).
Ray plagiarises Garry Kasparov On Modern Chess in the Times, 12 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 8 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 7 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 6 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 4 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Viktor Korchnoi (from Learn from the Grandmasters) in the Times, 3 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 1 June 2013.
Ray plagiarises Bill Hartston (from Learn from the Grandmasters) in the Spectator, 14 April 2012.
Ray plagiarises the same Bill Harston piece in the Spectator, 11 December 2004
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 3 January 2012 and 24 December 2012.
Ray plagiarises a translation by George Botterill and Birgitte Vibeke Egan Transø (provided for Reappraisal) in the Spectator, 24 October 1998.
Ray plagiarises a note by Max Euwe in the Times, 28 February 2015.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 20 April 2013.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors (and Hans Kmoch) in the Times, 27 August 2011.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors in the Times, 24 October 2016.


Ray plagiarises Edward Winter in Chessville and the Spectator. (Also see.)
Ray plagiarises CHESS in Chessville.
Ray plagiarises the late Ian Wells in CHESS.
Ray plagiarises Jeremy Spinrad and the Oxford Companion to Chess in the Spectator.
Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors on Chessgames.com.


Times Little Book Of Chess Secrets:

Position 1 (Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors) (also see)
Position 2 (Ray plagiarises Kasparov's My Great Predecessors)
Position 3 (Ray plagiarises Korchnoi's work from Learn from the Grandmasters)
...and I am glad


Private Eye articles:

Dark Knight Rises
Chequered Mate
Penguin Takes The Biscuit
Penguin Takes The Biscuit Again
World Of Chess
The bubonic plagiarist
Game, set & match
Clearly not a sacking offence

Plus:

Would you really, Mr Kamm?
Harman In My Head
A quick summary may be helpful
New plagiarist, old plagiarist

And:

Copying
The Sincerest Form of Flattery
Not so Keene on copyright
Plaig!

Also of interest:

Old Times
Looks familiar


[This blog can be contacted on chesscomments@gmail.com - or I am on Twitter as @ejhchess]
[Last updated 6 December 2016. This index created June 2013 - please ignore posting date!]

[Ray Keene index]

No comments: