Wednesday, October 27, 2010

More Opposites of Chess

I've been following the chess offerings on Etsy, the homemade, handmade, arts &/or crafts internet seller, so you don't have to! Here's a few recent additions that caught my eye . . .

The Queen Sacrifice:


What can I say? I don't think I can beat the seller's description: "This is a rendition of a chess strategy with the queen embodied as a Female in a futuristic like outfit laying across the chess board."And I'm not surprised white is down on the clock here. Only $220.




I think I know how to make chess more popular. A giant chess board with people for pieces, the only way to know who is which piece is by their . . .


The Chess Players, a novel:


Maybe I'm not very good at teh interweb, but that doesn't look handmade to me?


Wood Chess Set:


Non-traditional colours? Non-Staunton shapes? White not on the right? Gosh, I should hate you. But you look so good! I would change our conventions for you.

And that's it for today. If you missed my first post about chess stuff on etsy, you can find it by clicking here.

4 comments:

Jonathan B said...

Maybe I'm not very good at teh interweb

typo or joke??

Anonymous said...

I thought I was trying to get onto the Streatham blog but seems I went to Regretsy instead
http://www.regretsy.com/
Andrew

Tom Chivers said...

Regretsy's brilliant isn't it?

Teh interweb!

Jonathan B said...

interweb I Got!